02 Nov Don’t Forget to Set Back Your Clocks
It’s that time of year again. On November 5th, most of the United States will participate in that semi-annual ritual of changing the clocks by an hour. In the fall we gain an hour of sleep time and have one extra hour to spend on Sunday.
This transition is not always the easiest. Many of our electronic devices update time for us, but this shift of an hour messes with sleep patterns and daily routines. Here are some tips on how to make sure you and your family have an easy transition during the day this daylight savings.
- Stick with your daily routine
- It will get dark faster so make sure you stay cautious while driving at night
- Try going to bed around the same time each night
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier than usual on the Thursday, go to bed 30 minutes earlier on Friday night & on Saturday go to bed 45 minutes earlier. This will help transition your sleep pattern
- Eliminate all caffeine after 1:30pm this week in order to make it easier to go to bed earlier
- Have room darkening shades or curtains
- Take it easy on Sunday
Here at Spivey Insurance Group we know this is not always an easy transition for you and your family. We hope that these tips help transition your daily routine on November 5th and all throughout this fall season. Be cautious on the roads and make sure to keep your daily routine the same. If you have any questions regarding your insurance needs give us a call at 704-821- 4460 or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus.