08 May How to go Green in an Office Environment
Many people have gone green at home, but it can be a bit more difficult to go green at the office! One thing you can do is to talk to your NC business insurance agency. We offer paperless billing and policies to help you cut down on paper waste. Here are a few other tips to help your office become more environmentally friendly.
- Set up a recycling program. Set up bins in the kitchen and around the office for employees to recycle paper products, cans, and bottles. You’d be surprised by how many recyclables get tossed out with the garbage.
- Change your light bulbs! One of the simplest things that you can do – and something that will pay for itself in just a few months – is to switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Encourage reusable water bottles. If employees bring in a bottle of water each day, try to encourage them to use a reusable water bottle, instead! Provide filtered water as an incentive. You can even give them water bottles with your company logo on them.
- Switch to reusable dishes. If your employees are eating their lunches off paper plates, try switching to real dishes, glasses, and silverware. If you’re able to, install an energy-efficient dishwasher.
- Print double sided. What an easy way to cut the amount of paper you use in half! Most printers can be programmed so they print double sided automatically.
- Put someone in charge. Have someone volunteer to keep track of all the efforts your company is making to go green, and come up with new ideas to become more environmentally friendly.
Going green is a company-wide effort, and can have great effects on the environment. If you have any questions regarding going green give us a call at 704-821- 4460 or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.