24 Jul How to Keep Your Dog Safe Around Water This Summer
Before you and your friendly pet hit the lake or ocean this summer make sure that you protect these loved family members. Here are some tips to make sure your pet is safe on the water.
• Have a collar ID tag. Make sure the phone number and address is correct on the ID tag to ensure safety for your pet.
• Familiarize your pet with the boat. Let your pet explore the boat and water while the boat is docked. Turn on the engine and make sure they are familiar with the sound.
• Pet Life Jackets. Yes most dogs can swim, but it is very important to provide a life jacket for your pet. This helps retrieving your pet easier and safer.
• Proper Hydration. Make sure that your pet is hydrated frequently. Pay attention to their panting. Make sure you provide water for them on your boat to make sure they stay hydrated throughout the day.
• Safe Boat Access. Make sure that you provide a ramp to help get your pet on and off the boat.
Spivey Insurance Group is here to protect what is closest to you. Make sure you stay connected with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, and Google Plus this summer and share pictures with us and your furry friends having fun in the sun.