31 May Five Pool Safety Tips that Will Help Prevent a Claim
This summer you will be hanging out with your friends and family and hosting a lot of pool parties. Make sure that you and your families pool area is protected. Having a pool at your home is a big responsibility and hard work. Creating a list of pool safety rules for you family and friends is important for your loved ones to have fun. Having a pool in your backyard brings lots of summer fun for the family, however providing safety should be number one. Here are some steps on how to insure your family is safe this summer season.
- Have a fence. Many neighborhoods and insurance companies require that you have a fence around the pool area. Make sure the fence has a child safe gate.
- Cover the poolside with non-slip surfaces. Make sure people are obeying the no running by the pool area.
- Provide life jackets. The is a necessity when owning a pool.
- Keep your pool water clean and clear. Maintain proper chemical levels, circulation and filtration.
- Establish and enforce rules to every swimmer in order to maintain a safe environment. For example, establish rules such as “no diving,” “stay away from drain covers,” “swim with a buddy” and “no running.”
Accidents can happen in all areas of a swimming pool, not just in the deep end. If you frequently have friends and family over to enjoy your pool, please consider getting an umbrella policy to protect you from accidents. Spivey Insurance is here to protect what’s closest to you. Feel free to give us a call at 704-821-4460 or stop by our office. Make sure you stay connected with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus.