31 Oct Halloween Safety Tips: How to Keep Your Kids Safe
Posted at 20:48h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
Halloween is here. It is that one time of year to act silly, dress up in costumes, and venture out to “trick-or-treat” for candy and other goodies. Halloween is the one day out of the year where you can show how creative your imagination can be. With all the fun Halloween brings there are safety precautions that need to be taken in order to have a fun and safe Halloween. Here are six tips parents should follow in order to make their child have a great Halloween.
- Make sure a parent or a responsible adult is always supervising children when going house to house making their neighborhood rounds. A child is never too old to be with an adult.
- Tell children to never enter a stranger’s home, even if they are luring them with “special” candy. Have a set of rules and guidelines that your children are aware of.
- Remind children to look both ways before crossing the street. Most “trick-or-treating” occurs at night and motorists cannot always see small children crossing the streets. Just because one car sees them, it doesn’t mean the next one will. Also, always carry a light or wear something with reflectors. This helps drivers see pedestrians and avoid accidents.
- Always check your children’s Halloween candy that they receive. Even if it doesn’t seem tampered with, it is still necessary to check it.
- Have your children eat before they go “trick-or-treating”. This will make them too full to eat all that delicious candy. Educate your children about how too many sweets can be bad for you. Don’t let them go overboard on the candy.
Spivey Insurance Group want to make sure your children are protected during this Halloween adventures. We would love to see your trick-or-treat pictures shared with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.