23 Dec Healthy Food Ideas: 7 Winter Foods to Buy
There are 7 foods to stock your pantry and refrigerator with that are sure keep you and your family healthy all season long. They are all easy to find at any grocery store and can be prepared in multiple delicious ways. Here are the top 7 winter foods to buy and enjoy in good health this winter:
1. Kale Kale’s dark leafy green stems are full of iron and beta carotene. They are hearty enough to be added to soups, or can be roasted into kale chips.
2. Oranges- Oranges are full of vitamin C and folate, which are both excellent immune boosters.
3. Beans- Legumes of any kind are rich in fiber and protein. They make a delicious and satisfying addition to soups, chilis and stews.
4. Winter Squash- Winter squashes such as acorn or butternut varieties are excellent health boosters. They contain high levels of vitamins A and C and are delicious roasted, sautéed or pureed into a beautiful soup.
5. Oatmeal- Oatmeal is a hearty and healthy breakfast choice in the winter.
6. Soup- Vegetable heavy, broth based soups are a great way to hydrate and nourish during the winter months.
7. Potatoes- Potatoes contain vitamins B6 and C. Mash, roast or sauté them to delicious perfection.
Make it a point to prepare and enjoy these 7 delicious and nutritious foods throughout the winter months. Not only will they boost your immune system and result in better overall health with these foods, but they taste fabulous too! While you are enjoying these delicious foods, be sure to cut back on the sugar laden treats that tend to surface around the holidays. Making healthy choices such as the foods listed above can help you stay healthy and feel great!