18 Oct How to Prepare Your House this Upcoming Fall Season
While spring and summer are common times for many homeowners to spend some extra attention on upkeep and maintenance, autumn is just as critical of a season for preparing your home to withstand the potentially harsh colder temperatures conditions that may await this fall. By making maintenance part of your annual fall routine you can identify potential problems before they arise. Here are some great tips to make sure your home is prepared for the upcoming fall weather.
- Trimming tree branches and reseeding the lawn and other are great way to start to prepare for the fall season.
- Check gutters for damage and confirm they’re securely attached to the house. During the fall months there is a lot of debris that accumulating.
- Have your heating system cleaned and inspected annually by a qualified technician.
- Replace your furnace filter in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have your wood-burning fireplace inspected, cleaned and repaired to prevent chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Cool weather is on the way, making it the perfect time to do a little fall cleanup and maintenance around your home! Make sure your home is fully prepared for the upcoming fall season. Take the time to check the following home maintenance tasks off your to-do list. By keeping your home safe keep these tips in mind so you can have peace of mind that you are protecting your family and your home this fall season. Stay connected with Spivey Insurance Group this fall season on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.