14 Aug Are you Prepared for College Move In Day?
The start of school is quickly approaching and we want to make sure that you and your students are fully prepared for college move in day. Whether it be their first move in day or last here are some tips to make sure you student is prepared this move in day.
1. Set travel plans to arrive a day early. If you are from out of town this will allow you and your family to pick up any additional items you have forgotten and allows you to get more familiar with the area.
2. Have tools handy. Make sure you come prepared with a screwdriver, drill, hammer, duct tape, and command strips. Depending on what type of housing your student is living in make sure you bring the correct tools. We also suggest to bring lysol wipes and paper towels to wipe down any furniture before moving in.
3. Get there early. Arrive at your dorm as early as you can. This will help the unpacking process run smoothly.
4. Dress Appropriately. Most move in days are extremely hot. Wear casual clothing and comfortable shoes because you never know how many flights of stairs you may have to climb.
5. Let students take the lead. This is your students time to make introductions, check in, and handle any issues that arise. This is a fun and eventful time in their lives that they are becoming more independent.
While college move-in day is a proud moment for any parent, that does not mean it isn’t a day filled with stress and more than a little sadness. This day is very important to not only your student, but to you as a parent. Make sure when your college student is moving in you check to see if they need any additional insurance. Feel free to give us a call at 704-821-4460 or stop by our office. Stay connected with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, and Google Plus.