28 Feb Are You at Risk for Water Damage?
It really doesn’t matter whether you live in a house, townhome, condo, or rent an apartment you’re at risk for water damage in all of these locations. In the winter months we do not see that much rain, but it is always good to prepare for water damage for the upcoming months. Avoid high dollar claims by keeping your residence dry and free from unnecessary water issues. Here at Spivey Insurance we want to make sure you are protected from water damage. Here are some tips on how to make sure you keep your water damage to a minimum.
- Know where your water shut off valve is located. Make sure you and everyone in your home knows how to shut off the water in case of excess water flow, like a pipe to burst.
- Never leave your home with a washing machine, dish washer, or any appliance left on.
- Make sure that your washing machine, dishwasher and refrigerator hoses and valves are checked often.
- In cold weather, make sure you insulate all pipes inside your home in the basement or attic. Also, wrap pipes and faucets outside.
- A higher than usual water bill is a good indicator if you have a water leak. Pay attention to your monthly bill.
Water damage can cause lots of damage in your home. It’s an insurance claim that you want to avoid. Here at Spivey Insurance Group, we work hard to protect what’s closest to you, and we know your home is one of the most expensive investments you have. If you have questions regarding your insurance policy give us a call at 704-821- 4460 or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus