20 Nov A Sweet Potato Casserole to Add to Your Thanksgiving Feast
Thanksgiving is just a few days away now and your mouth is probably already watering at the thought of all of the delicious foods that will be on your table soon! If you are hosting the family and friends at your house this year, you’ve probably already started cooking up your meal with hopes of having just a minute to sit down and enjoy the food yourself on Thursday. As you break out the elastic waist banded pants and make your final preparations, you might be looking for that one last recipe. We have that for you!
Add something sweet to the spread (and we’re not talking about the cranberry sauce) and bake this sweet potato casserole for your Thanksgiving meal… we promise you won’t regret it!
• 4 ½ – lbs of sweet potatoes
• 1-cup sugar
• ½- cup of butter, softened
• ¼- cup of milk
• 2 large eggs
• ¼-teaspoon of salt
• 1-teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 –cups of cornflakes cereal, crushed up
• ¼-cup of chopped pecans
• 1-tablespoon of brown sugar
• 1-tablespoon of melted butter
• 1 ½ cups of mini marshmallows
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Bake your sweet potatoes for 1-hour, or until tender and then let them stand until they are cool to touch- this may take about 20-minutes.
3. Once cool, peel and mash your sweet potatoes.
4. Reduce your oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
5. Beat mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, and butter, milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Spoon this mixture into a greased 11×7-inch baking pan.
7. Combine the cornflakes cereal, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter into a small bowl. Sprinkle this over the casserole in diagonal rows, 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes then sprinkle your marshmallows in alternate rows between the cornflake mixtures. Bake for 10 additional minutes.
9. Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!