20 Dec Bike Safety Tips From Your NC Insurance Agency!
What’s one of the most common wish list items for children during the holiday season? A bicycle…but bikes can be very dangerous if the rider doesn’t know some safety tips and the rules of the road. Thus a good idea for this Christmas season when giving them that bike they’ve always wanted is to include some safety rules they need to know to avoid dangerous situations. The following are some helpful hints for bicyclists to avoid dangerous accidents like this….
1. Wear a helmet! Head wounds are horrible and deadly injuries that can cause a lot of harm and grief for a lifetime. A properly fitted helmet can help to avoid these kinds of injuries.
2. Follow the rules of the road. Bicycles are essentially vehicles on the road, and therefore must follow the rules that other drivers follow. Always ride your bike with the flow of traffic (on the right side of the road).
3. Be visible! Always assume other drivers can’t see you and take responsibility to be seen whether by wearing bright color clothing or wearing lights/reflectors at night.
4. Maintain the bike. Check the brakes on a regular basis and always ensure that the parts are working properly.
5. Stay alert. Be sure to be aware of your surroundings at all times and make sure never to wear headphones as they hinder your ability to hear traffic.
But the number one way to keep your child safe when riding bikes is to make sure they are cautious and understand the rules of the road and how to avoid dangerous situations. And always remember to keep your NC insurance health policy up-to-date, because accidents do happen!
View this short message from Chris Spivey to you.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.