07 Feb Charlotte Car Insurance Coverage’s
What do you pay for when you have Auto Insurance? The answer can vary from policy to policy. Below are the coverage’s explained that you can put on your vehicle to keep you safe on or off the road. Not all coverage’s are on your policy if you have car insurance!
1. Liability Insurance-Liability insurance covers you in the event you are in a covered car accident and it is determined the accident is a result of your actions. Liability insurance will cover the cost of repairing any property damaged by an accident as well as the medical bills from resulting injuries. Most states have a minimum requirement for liability insurance coverage that drivers must have.
2. Collision Coverage– If there is a covered accident; collision coverage will pay for the repairs to your car. If your car is totaled (where the cost to repair it exceeds the value of the vehicle) in an accident, collision coverage will pay the value of your car.
3. Comprehensive Coverage– What if something happens to your car that is unrelated to a covered accident – weather damage, you hit a deer, your car is stolen – will your insurance company cover the loss? Liability insurance and collision coverage cover accidents, but not these situations. These situations are covered by Comprehensive (other than Collision) coverage.
4. Personal Injury Protection –While Comprehensive coverage may be something you don’t need to purchase, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is something you should. The costs associated from an accident can quickly add up, and in order to cover those costs Personal Injury Protection is available. Keep in mind that every state doesn’t have this available coverage.
5. Uninsured /Underinsured Motorist Protection – While North Carolina mandate that all drivers should be insured; this is unfortunately not always the case. Another issue that can arise is that while a driver may have liability insurance, many states have relatively low minimum coverage requirements that may not be enough to cover all of the expenses of an accident.
Have questions? We are here to assist you. Speak to us about your needs as a motorist!