11 Apr Could your Home be Underinsured?
When thinking about a homeowner’s insurance policy it is important to do research on what all your policy needs to entail. There isn’t one formula that everyone can fit into when it comes to coverage needed. It all depends on the house: the size, location, new or old, frame or brick etc. Here at Spivey Insurance Group we want to make sure you have the proper insurance coverage for your home.
When considering homeowners insurance there is always a possibility that your home can be underinsured. There are several factors that can cause your home to be underinsured. Therefore, an annual insurance review should be on your to-do list. Your insurance agent can only protect your items if they are aware of them.
Here are some important factors to consider about your homeowner’s policy:
- Purchasing new expensive jewelry, guns and electronics will have to be added to your homeowner’s policy for them to be fully protected.
- Remodeling rooms like kitchen, bathrooms etc.
- Building a new attached screened in porch
- Starting a business in your home
- Take a home inventory including your new purchases and include the purchase prices of the items
- Call your insurance agent to go through a custom review
Spivey Insurance Group is here to help with any questions or issues you have regarding your homeowners insurance policy. Give us a call at 704-821-4460 and we will be happy to review your current policy or offer you a free homeowner’s quote if you are shopping insurance rates. Make sure to stay connected with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus.