23 Mar Have You Been Loyal To Your New Year’s Resolutions?
March is National Nutrition Month and it is a nutritional educational campaign sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This campaign focuses on staying fit and healthy while making the right lifestyle choices. In today’s society it is very hard to maintain focus on eating right and making sure that we do at least one hour of physical activity each day. With school, work, kids, errands, etc. time becomes limited. Rather than cooking a healthy meal it is much more convenient to pick up something quick and inexpensive from the local fast-food restaurant. It is now March 20th, the first day of spring. Have you stuck to those New Year resolutions that you made in January about sustaining a healthy life? If you have been committed to your goals then great, but if not it is never too late to start. Here are five simple tips to better your lifestyle:
1. Drink plenty of water: Cut out one soda each day and eventually all soft drinks will be eliminated from your diet.
2. Reduce stress levels: Stress is a major factor in causing our bodies to deteriorate. If we can reduce stress by adding physical activity, exercise, or anything that relaxes you then set time aside for that activity.
3. A healthy mind is a healthy body: Get enough rest because your body needs plenty of energy. Adults need at least seven hours of sleep each night.
4. Keep your body away from harmful substances such as tobacco, alcohol, or other drugs.
5. Last, but not least: Creating a meal/exercise plan that is beneficial in bettering your life. Don’t think of it as a diet, but rather as nutrition therapy.
Stay connected with Spivey Insurance Group on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.