03 May How To Lower Your Energy Bills
Sweet summer time is coming quickly! Swimsuits will be the preferred outfit and pools will be the focus of social gatherings.
Warm weather makes everything better except for those energy bills that remind us monthly that it’s hot out. The majority of us complain when we have high power bills but really enjoy our homes being comfortable while enjoying the summer heat outside.
We can’t ensure lower energy bills but we can give you some very helpful tips to spend less! Eight things that you and your family can do to have a lower energy bill at the end of the month…
– Clean those air filters!
– Give the air conditioner a break during the workday. Bump the thermostat up a few degrees while everyone is out of the house.
– Make sure that doors are sealing tight. Check windows and weather stripping to make sure everything is sealed properly
– Change light bulbs! Swapping incandescent bulbs for compact fluorescents can cut a home electric bill.
– Close those blinds and pull those curtains! Rooms get hotter without shades or curtains to block the sunlight, especially with south- and west-facing windows
– Use fans. A breeze in a room can make a room feel a few degrees cooler.
– Avoid chores. Don’t tell the kids about this one! Limit the use of heat-generating appliances such as the oven, dishwasher and clothes dryer during the daytime hours when temperatures are hottest.
– Arrange for an inspection of your homes cooling and ventilation system. If they aren’t working properly, they could have to work harder to keep up with the summer heat.
Perhaps that little bit of money that you’ll save by following these tips could be used to take an extra day of vacation to enjoy unforgettable family memories.
Contact us at Spivey Insurance Group for your needs!
704-821-4460 or 877-318-5951