13 Jan Prolong the Life of Your Car with Charlotte Insurance
Auto insurance from your Charlotte insurance agency is the best way to protect your finances should anything happen to your vehicle. To keep your car in tip-top condition and ensure it lasts, follow these tips:
- Fill ‘er up! You may think that higher octane gas is better for your car, but the truth is that regular 87 octane is perfectly fine for most vehicles. Anything higher is just a waste of money.
- Wash your car. A dirty car may not seem like a big deal, but you should wash your car regularly. Keeping your vehicle clean will preserve the paint and prevent rust from forming.
- Keep up to date on recalls. Not only will this keep you safe, but vehicle manufacturers often pay to have fault parts replaced. Not all recalls make the evening news, so it’s your responsibility to stay up to date.
- Don’t ignore the dash. The check engine light gets a bad rap, and it’s usually okay to ignore it if it only comes on for a short while and doesn’t return. But if the light comes on and stays on, or goes on and off frequently, give your mechanic a call.
- Read the manual. If you haven’t already, flip through the owner’s manual so you’re familiar with your vehicles features. The manual will also tell you how often to change the oil (It’s actually not the same for every car!) and other fluids under the hood.
A few simple things can help keep your vehicle in wonderful condition, and can end up saving you money in the long run. To further protect your car, call your Charlotte insurance agent today!