05 Jan Resolutions For Your Charlotte Home Insurance
Are you a homeowner? Well New Year’s is the perfect time to make those resolutions about repairs and fixing those unfinished projects. New Year’s also is a great time to review your Charlotte home insurance to ensure that you are properly covered and have the right policy for you. The following are some additional homeowner’s resolutions that you might want to consider this New Year’s!
1. Walk around the house and make a list of all the repairs that need to be done…then do them! Having a list makes it easier to get them done. And just think, it’s cheaper to make small repairs now rather than large repairs later!
2. Finish all those “80/20’s.” An 80/20 is a job that you finished 80% of the way, but only have a few more steps (or 20%) to go to get it completely done. They are usually easy finishes, you just need to take the little bit of time to do it.
3. If you’ve been stressing about your mortgage, now may be the best time to discuss your options. Speak with a real estate agent about your options such as short sale, staying put, selling, deed in lieu of foreclosure, etc.
4. Check to make sure you have the proper Charlotte home insurance coverage. With the value of home’s declining, many people are over-insured and therefore overpaying for coverage.
5. Unhappy with your house? Consider renovating instead of moving, as home renovations cost a lot less now than they did a few years ago.
The New Year is the perfect time to make those hard decisions and have the motivation to follow through with them. Use this time wisely to follow through on all your unfinished projects and make life decisions that will make your life better and less stressful!