29 May Road Map to Buying a Home
Are you and your family looking at relocating? May is National Moving month and the majority of families that are looking to move to a new home have questions and lots of them!
Here are 9 tips to help you and your family to start that journey to acquiring a new home.
• Save Money – At least 10% of the value of the home up to 20%. Some banks will require a lump some of money as a down payment. The weak economy has driven some banks to be very cautious on lending money especially on mortgages.
• Get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage – Or paying cash is an option if you have the funds to do so.
• Talk with a real estate agent – They will be able to negotiate and in some cases sweeten the bottom line. Agents do come with a price so keep that in mind as well.
• Go House Hunting! – Remember to pace yourself. Have a maximum number of houses that you want to look at per day or per week. Looking at houses is a big deal and should take some serious consideration about how everyone feels about the structure itself as well as the community.
• Make an offer on the home – This is the time to get down to the details of things. Remember throughout making offers that you probably have a budget that your family has. Don’t break the bank in other words!
• Negotiate – If you have an agent this is time for him or her to work for you. If you do not have an agent make sure you are firm on your thoughts and know when to say no.
• Inspection time! – Make sure that the house you are looking into will pass inspection and is safe for you and your family to call it home.
• Homeowners insurance – Really? Insurance…? Before you think all is grim and gray purchasing homeowners insurance doesn’t have to be that way.
• Hand me that Key! – Enjoy that new home that you worked so hard to get you and your family into.
We specialize in North Carolina Homeowners Insurance. Our office works for your family to give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
Contact the Spivey family today to see what we can do for YOU!