23 Jun What to do if you are the Victim of a Hit and Run
There is nothing worse than leaving a restaurant or store and walking to the parking lot to find that your car has been hit or getting in an accident on the road and the other driver leaving the scene before you even had time to realize what had happened. Hit-and-run accidents happen and it is something that you need to be cautious of. What do you do in the case of a hit-and-run? Where do you even start if you have no idea who is responsible for the accident?
This may be one of the angriest moments of your life, but if you are covered by Spivey Insurance we can help in you a situation like this. Our agents had a lot of experience with these types of incidents in the many years that we have been serving the Charlotte area.
Here’s what you have to do in case this ever happens to you:
• Assess your medical condition and the condition of the passengers inside the vehicle. If there is a serious injury call 911 immediately.
• Write down any details from the accident that you can remember such as description of the vehicle, license plate, etc.
• Ask for any witnesses that may have been present at the scene of the accident.
• Call the police ASAP so they are able to file a police report.
• There is no way to file a claim on the other person whom you have no idea who is responsible for the accident. You must go to your own insurance company.
• If this happens, you need to be sure you have comprehensive and collision coverage.
• If your car was parked when the damage occurs, it’s going to be covered under comprehensive coverage. If your car was in motion it’s going to be covered under collision coverage.
Insurance is there to protect drivers whether it is there fault or another drivers fault. Make sure you have the right type of insurance to protect you on road. Call 704-821-460 or visit Spivey Insurance Group to find out if your auto policy can protect you in accidents like these.