19 Oct Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Home Insurance Rates
Are you wondering how you are going to make ends meet if North Carolina’s insurance commissioner is granted the ability to increase the average homeowner insurance rate by 18 percent? Whether or not this happens, there are things you can do right now that will help reduce the cost of your premiums.
• Bundle your home and auto insurance policies: many companies offer a discount if you purchase both types of insurance with them.
• Ensure your home is less of a risk: there are many things you can do that will make your insurance premium less expensive—for example, updating older things such as electrical wiring.
• Install an alarm system: this is an easy way to reduce your premium.
• Increase your deductible: the amount of risk you agree to be responsible for allows for your insurance company to offer you lower rates.
• Pay attention to your credit score: this is an important factor that insurance companies are looking at when deciding rates- keep yours healthy and your rates could be lower.
As with anything that you are paying for, it is always important to ask about the costs – and the discounts! There is a wide variety of discounts that many insurance companies offer. If you have any questions about your home insurance policy, contact an agent at Spivey Insurance Group today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.