09 Aug Grill Safety for the Summer
Hot summer days are perfect for grilling with your family. There is nothing better smelling then grilled food in the air. These summer months are when people most commonly grill. Here at Spivey Insurance Group we want to make sure you and your family are protected with the right grill safety tips. We want you to be prepared in case of a grill emergency. Here are five grilling tips to use this summer.
1. Grill outside away from any large structures. There are a large percentage of house fires that are caused by outdoor grill accidents. Make sure you place your grill in a safe place away from any items that could catch fire easily.
2. Make sure the grill is properly cleaned. Remove the grill drippings from the grill and the grill tray. There are several products out in local retailers that sell grill-cleaning equipment.
3. Check for propane leaks. Double check the propane hose before you start grilling before any issues arise.
4. Wear the right clothing. Make sure you are not wearing any baggy clothes that could easily catch fire over the hot grill.
5. Be ready for an emergency. If an emergency occurs make sure you know the steps to keep everyone safe. Make sure you have a small fire extinguisher nearby. Another option is to keep a bucket of sand nearby to help put out the fire. Never use water to put out a grease fire.
These five easy tips will help you and your family to enjoy a safe summer barbecuing season. Here at Spivey Insurance we are here to protect what is closest to you. Make sure you follow these grill safety tips to ensure you and your family’s safety. Make sure you share with us your grill recipes on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, and Google Plus.